Thursday, January 31, 2008

Newsletter

I wrote a note Sacred Heart Medical Center thanking a couple of nurses for their exceptional care while mom was in the hospital. This was published in the Hospitals monthly newsletter:

Going above and beyond

Oncology and ICU nurses 'gems'
"Just wanted you to know what a gem this incredible nurse is," writes Cherie Livaudais of Sacred Heart staff nurse Jayne Mondello and the care Jayne provided to Cherie's mother on the 6 Main oncology unit in the last days of her life. "Jayne was so incredible, she made us all feel so comfortable with her competent care and her knowing and loving advice. Jayne made the death of my mother so much easier to bear." Cherie also shared the following excerpt of the note she wrote to Jayne:
I wanted to thank you for your gentle care. We felt so comfortable with you, almost like you were a member of our family ... we always think of and are so grateful for you and your helpful, gentle way. "I also wanted to include the absolutely wonderful and unforgettable care of ICU nurse Tiffany Perkes, who cared for my mother and my family with such competence, dignity, respect and humor," Cherie added. "In Tiffany's care, I even felt like I could leave Mom alone to go home to sleep."

No comments: